ANTI-HINDU NET-WORKING TO DESTROY HINDU DHARMA ACHARYA SABHA-- INTERNALLY, EXTERNALLY AND ETERNALLY
“At the beginning was the CAT. The Cat was with Hinduism. And the Cat was Hinduism”.
A landmark event in the history of modern India was the creation of the “HINDU DHARMA ACHARYA SABHA”, convened and formed by Swami Dayananda Saraswati in 2002. For the first tie in the history of India, many heads of Hindu Religious Institutions came together under one umbrella organization called “Hindu Dharma Acharya Sabha” (HDAS). It is a unifying body that provides leadership, guidance and collective voice for the Hindus against the callous disregard of Hindu sentiments and continued and continuing adverse propaganda against Hindu Dharma.
The Sabha has presently 143 Members who are Mandaleshwars and Heads of Ancient Traditional Institutions that are a few hundred years old and consists of Acharyas belonging to all the ancient Sampradayas of Hindu Dharma, each having a congregation of millions of people. The Sabha is a Federation of Religious Leaders with a Religious Trust consisting of 11 of these leaders. These 11 Trustees (with the exception of the Managing Trustee) are variable and hold the office for a 3 year Term. This Trust is an official body of the “Hindu Dharma Acharya Sabha” (HDAS) and through this Trust the “Acharya Sabha” is engaged in various useful and development oriented activities. There are Regional Committees each with their own Convenor.
The HDAS has so far held 3 Annual Conferences since its inception in 2002. The Third Annual Conference was held in Sri Adichunchangiri Math near Bangalore. It was a great success and all the important resolutions passed at this Conference may be seen online at http://www.acharyasabha.org.
One of the activities of the HDAS relates to religious endowments and temple governance in states like Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh, Himachal Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh and Uttar Pradesh. The “Acharya Sabha” provides leadership at various levels, including areas regarding legal and legislative process and the statutory changes immediately called for in the matter of temple governance in order to make it more transparent and accountable. Keeping this larger objective in view “Acharya Sabha” has been strongly advocating the establishment of Temple Committees comprising of local temple worshipping communities.
Many international Christian agencies in subterranean league with some Dravidian political parties and some of the mass media channels --- both print and electronic --- seem to be working round the clock to destroy the “Hindu Dharma Acharya Sabha” (HDAS). In this nefarious anti-Hindu endeavour, some tradeable media cats seem to be lending their unstinted support. Thus within 8 years of its inception the very existence of HDAS is being threatened by these enemies of Sanatana Dharma. It is the bounden duty of every right-thinking Hindu to give his/her total and unstinted support to this great organization of Hindu Acharyas created by Swami Dayananda Saraswati.
What makes the “Hindu Dharma Acharya Sabha” (HDAS) the target of vicious and baseless attacks by the media cats (proxies of missionaries and crypto-Christian Dravidian political parties) on HDAS in general and Swami Dayananda Saraswati in particular? All the connected facts have been brought together by my friend Dr Kalyanaraman. He has made a neat Executive Summary of the main points based on what he calls the “Libelous, malicious comments from Sandhya Jain and Radha Rajan (against RSS, HDAS, Swami Dayananda Saraswati, Swami Jyotirmayananda and others)”. It is a report on the ongoing attempts by a few individuals to break the HDAS the way Indian National Congress (INC) was broken by Smt. Indira Gandhi and to create a new forum called by these individuals as Hindu Dharma Protection Movement (HDPM).
Dr Kalyanaraman’s Report exposes the nature and activities of these individuals who are repeatedly spreading accusations against HDAS and others including Swami Dayananda Saraswati. He has carefully gone through the articles on vigilonline.com slandering, libeling, defaming Acharya Sabha, Swami Dayananda Saraswati and others. There is another website called vijayvaani.com whose editor is Sandhya Jain. On this website too the same type of libelous articles on HDAS and Swami Dayananda Saraswati have been seen, read and documented by Dr Kalyanaraman.
Dr Kalyanaraman has excerpted some of the relevant paragraphs from the slanderous articles that have appeared in vigilonline.com and vijayvaani.com. I am summarising the rapier-like points made by Dr Kalyanaraman in this context:
1. The webmaster Smt Radha Rajan is misleading the web browsers that the vigilonline.com website is somehow linked to Vigil Public Opinion Forum, since she is no longer associated with Vigil. Her use of this banner and the site name as vigilonline are illegal. On inquiries it has been ascertained by Dr Kalyanaraman that Smt Radha Rajan has been disowned publicly by the RSS.
2. Smt Radha Rajan often misrepresents herself, without any authority, as representing the Sangha on Sun TV and other TV channel shows. The Sun TV operators may not be aware of the fact that no woman can ever be an official member of the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh. At least Smt Radha Rajan ought to be aware of this fact!!!
3. Both Smt Sandhya Jain and Smt Radha Rajan pat each other and publish one another’s articles on either site. They are hyphenated in their malicious intent to destroy HDAS and repeatedly accuse the ‘Chennai clique’ whose identity is no secret (Gurumurthy and Smt Padma Subramanyam) and Swami Dayananda Saraswati. Their defamatory statements become shrill on the internet emails to many e-groups and cc-lists.
4. Smt Sandhya Jain and Smt Radha Rajan have crossed the limits of ethics and decency in their ad hominem attacks on Swami Dayananda Sarasvati ji, among others. They continue to indulge in aasuric onslaughts against the cherished dharma traditions. Dr Kalyanaraman is of the opinion that this inveterate anti-Hindu Evil will NOT go away just by our ignoring it. This Evil seems to feed on its ego trips of sarvaprajnatva (omniscience). Such malicious attacks on Acharyas just cannot be allowed to go on.
5. Their intent is clear. They want to destroy HDAS the way Gandhi’s Indian National Congress was destroyed by Smt Indira Gandhi in 1969. Irrelevant examples are being cited about Mahatma Gandhi’s destruction of the Hindu Nation and comparing it with the HDAS’s actions and alleged failures.
6. The two writers, Smt Sandhya Jain and Smt Radha Rajan indulge in slander and libel with malicious intent to hurt the feelings of Hindus who revere Swami Dayananda Saraswati and have enormous respect for the HDAS as an institution which represents the Hindu voice all over the world.
7. These two media cats attempt to link Nityananda with Swami Dayananda Saraswati by a bizarre reference to some institution called GFCH (Global Foundation for Civilizational Harmony) which had the patronage of very eminent persons including the former President HE APJ Abdul Kalam and others. Questioning irresponsibly the alleged motives of NRIs, and treating them as traitors, they question Swami Dayananda Saraswati as though he is accountable for the actions of GFCH or the activities of GFCH. This is ridiculous attribution of guilt by association.
8. The latest in the persistent anti-Hindu efforts by the media cats is the circular sent out in Tamil to many sadhus and sanyasis, particularly of Tamil Nadu proposing the start of the first meet of what is called Hindu Dharma Paadukaappu Iyakkam (Tamil; translation: Hindu Dharma Protection Movement (HDPM) at Dindigul on 18-April-2010. There is no reference to HDAS in this circular because the intention is clearly to divide the Hindu Acharyas who are members of HDAS.
9. It is NOT clear if the Acharyas named in the Tamil Circular, for example. Kanchi Acharya, Pejawar Swamiji and others have been made aware of the fact that this HDPM is a parallel organization sought to be formed in the next two years only for countering the HDAS. The writings of the two women, Smt Sandhya Jain and Smt Radha Rajan clearly point out that they are out to destroy the HDAS and repeatedly ask Swami Dayananda to step down from his role as what they call ‘Convener’ of HDAS.
10. The circular in Tamil is vicious and motivated and cannot be seen to have been approved by the Acharyas in whose name the circular seeks to convey the impression that the move to form HDPM has been approved and initiated by them and under their guidance. This is NOT true, since Kanchi Acharya and Pejawar Swami are also members of HDAS and will NOT do anything or approve any move to form a rival organization to HDAS.
11. The main point made in the Tamil circular is that conversions to Christianity have to be stopped. This was precisely the reason for the creation of HDAS in 2002. Why is it that the circular makes no mention of HDAS while in their internet writings, the media cats spew venom on HDAS in general and Swami Dayananda Saraswati in particular?
12. The circular claims to be issued in the name of Temple Bhaktas. They are not named. No telephone contact or addresses of patrons or conveners are given. This seems to be a spurious document penned by a few disgruntled individuals whose evil motive is NOT to achieve unity of Hindus but to divide the Hindus on sectarian lines.
13. It appears that the few individuals who are peddling this circular have done it without consultation and approval of the Acharyas named in the circular. This should be denounced. Acharyas should continue to support the initiatives of HDAS and not promote any of the disruptive, divisive and subversive activities of the kind sought to be initiated by the media cats in Dindigul on April 18, 2010.
14. Clearly, Smt Sandhya Jain and Smt Radha Rajan ARE NOT FRIENDS OF THE HINDU CAUSE and should not be encouraged by Hindu Acharyas whose contributions are enormous in protecting Hindu dharma.
I have seen the notice in Tamil relating to the meeting of Hindu Dharma Paadukaappu Iyakkam (Tamil; translation: Hindu Dharma Protection Movement (HDPM)) at Dindigul on April 18, 2010. After taking due note of this, freelance journalist Shri Vijayan has sent the following NOTE OF WARNING IN TAMIL TO THE HINDUS. I fully endorse the stand taken by Shri Vijayan.
“போலிகளை கண்டு ஏமாராதீர்கள். யார்வெண்டுமானாலும் துரவிகள் பெயர்களை வாரி விடலாம். யார்வெண்டுமானாலும் "பக்தர் குழு" என்று த்ங்களை சொல்லிக்கொள்ளலாம்இந்த இயக்கத்தை இயக்குபவர்கள் யார்? இந்தியா முழுவதும் செயல்பட்டுவரும் ஹிந்து தர்ம ஆசர்யா சபாவுக்கு போட்டியாக, இந்துக்களை பிரிக்கும் நோக்கத்துடன் இவர்கள் செயல்படுகிரார்களா? சிந்திக்க வேண்டும்.”
I am rendering a free translation in English of the above message of Shri Vijayan in Tamil: “Beware! Don’t get deceived by spurious persons trying to mislead you. Any one can invoke the names of great Hindu saints and sages. Any one can claim to be part of “Bhaktar Kuzhu” (A Group of Devotees). Who are the people behind this movement? They seem to be starting a parallel movement just to destroy the Hindu Dharma Acharya Sabha (HDAS) which is having an all-India reach, by creating a division amongst the Hindus.”
Dr Kalyanaraman’s racy analysis above of the combined machinations and maneuvers of the two media cats against HDAS in general and Swami Dayananda Saraswati in particular is wholly based upon the vast corpus of the collected web postings of the Maha-Media Cats. Dr Kalyanaraman has documented them in a methodical manner for all to see and understand the crux of the spiritual and religious message of the Maha-Media Cats. I am presenting below some excerpts from this unfathomable ocean of Maha-Media Cattyana (like Marxiana, Gandhiana, Periyarana etc.).
EXCERPTS FROM THE WRITINGS OF Smt Sandhya Jain:
1. “The crux of our critique of HDAS and Swami Dayananda is that he has opened the door for conversions in the name of inter-faith dialogue! He has consistently refused to answer questions about the representatives who went to the Vatican in 2006, and other issues, which do not need repetition here...Swami Dayananda ji has promoted such ‘spiritual novices’ in august bodies like the HDAS and GFCH, and is thus responsible for this sordid chapter in our lives...”
2. “Swami Dayananda cannot face the public, he must immediately step down as Convener, Hindu Dharma Acharya Sabha...”
3. “Hindus are the world's prize idiots and the willing minions of white christianity and white nations. This servility to white christians is being thrust upon Hindus on Hindu bhumi by a section of NRIs and PIOs with globe-trotting sanyasis being the intermediaries...”
4. “Only Hindu sadhus are content to wallow in sex and money when they are corrupted – all monotheist clergy and laity are fiercely committed to the political agenda of world dominion and never let it out of their sight...”
5. “Globetrotting swamis are the bane of our country, and need to be curbed with a firm hand. Hindu hierarchy needs to allot them a secondary status, and they must no longer presume to speak for Hindu Samaj or Hindu Dharma at the global level. The question of secretly signing ‘binding’ declarations on behalf of Indian Hindus is of course ruled out. It is my personal but firm conviction that given the unsavoury activities of Swami Nityananda, promoted for proximity to Swami Dayananda Saraswati ji, and the complete failure of Swami Dayananda as HDAS convener to defend Hindu dharma from evangelical assault in the course of his globe-trotting and to defend the Kanchi Acharyas from criminal vilification as part of a global conspiracy against Hindu Dharma, they must walk into the sunset together. THUS, SWAMI DAYANANDA MUST IMMEDIATELY STEP DOWN AS CONVENER, HINDU DHARMA ACHARYA SABHA...
”EXCERPTS FROM THE WRITINGS OF Smt Radha Rajan:
1. “I have attacked the Chennai clique for its crafty and foresighted planting of Swami Dayananda Saraswati as Convener HDAS...”
2. “The Chennai clique masterminded the creation of GFCH with all the usual suspects as founder-patrons and trustees...”
3. “The idea was to use Swami Dayananda Saraswati as Converner HDAS to fulfill the white christian agenda thru the instrument of the GFCH...”
4. “You also knew that Sandhya Jain and I had seen thru the GFCH. its undesirable link to HDAS thru Swami Dayanandaji, the terrible inter-faith dialogues and resolutions detrimental to Hindus on this bhumi, and you knew we had to be silenced and Swami Daynandaji protected. Swami Dayananda and the Chennai clique did marginalise me from all intellectual activities but they did not succeed in silencing me. They did the same to Sandhya Jain too. that is when both of us began to ask, what is it that the Chennai clique and Swamji want to do that they cannot have Sandhya and me with them in any forum?...”
5. “You have proved all my apprehensions about vested interests interfering in the affairs of HDAs by your own admission that you spoke to HDAs to take over the asshram and the assets of Nityananda's ashram. When you say you spoke to HDAS I am sure you mean you spoke to Swami Dayanandaji or his secretariat. And this is how, by speaking to only the Convener to whom a powerful section of NRIs and PIOs are close, that the HDAS has been derailed. It is for this reason alone that I have strong reservations about Swami Dayananda Saraswati continuing as Convener HDAS...” (Excerpts from Smt Radha Rajan’s letter to Shri Rajiv Malhotra)
6. “Sun TV like the Tamil daily Dinakaran is owned by the Maran brothers. The Maran brothers are certainly not sleazy whatver else they may be and TN Chief Minister is certainly not after Nityananda's scalp...” (A worthy tribute indeed to the noblest Family Tamil Nadu has produced since the dawn of History! The feudal Raja Raja Cholan pales into insignificance before the luminous democratic stature and the transcendental spiritual grandeur of this Family)
7. “The conclusion is that either Pujya Swamiji was being used or that he went along with it knowingly. A group of people at home and another group overseas, all of them Hindus with no close links to any traditional matham, created this multi-religious GFCH for some reason...Pujya Swamiji is linked to this person only through GFCH. My guess is the entire edifice of GFCH which had been set up for some very deep reason is shaking now...” (This is a baseless and blasphemous comment from a totally deranged mind!)
8. “Swami Dayananda Saraswati as Founder-Patron of GFCH and Convener HDAS forging an undesirable and even potentially dangerous link between the two organizations whose objectives are mutually contradictory...”
9. “You may all recall that the most officious Gurumurthy ji had, in the wake of the patently false charges against the Kanchi Acharyas, arrogated all kinds of powers and authorities to himself in the name of deceased Shankaracharya Swami Paramacharya ji, and declared publicly that Perivaar and Bal Perivaar must abdicate their posts. He even had the temerity to say this publicly. It was the tenacious bhakti of few desolate bhaktas who somehow stalled this menacing of the Acharyas and the Matham, and now the case is coming to its rightful conclusion. Shri Gurumurthy was facilitated by BJP Think Tank to come to Delhi and make innuendoes against the Acharyas at a public meeting, and telling us to wait for the evidence to be produced in court, because CM Jayalalithaa is a ‘brahmin woman’ and we ‘have to’ trust her. Well we did not trust her, but we did wait, and we can see that case dropping dead day by day, while the Acharyas who stood by are facing a karmic catharsis...”
10. “Swami Dayananda Saraswati fell far short of his dharmic duties in this matter. I had a hand in somehow stalling his joining the abdication chorus as convener of Hindu Dharma Acharya Sabha - for which I am of course grateful. But it is a sad commentary on the Swami ji that he flew from Australia to attend the wedding to Rajnikanth’s daughter and spoke ill of the Acharyas privately, and would have done damage to the Matham and the Acharyas if he had not been unnerved at the open intervention I initiated via Shri R Venkatanarayanan...”
11. “The HDRS was soon taken over by the Chennai clique with the full backing of RSS Chennai; there was no follow-up to the first HDRS convention in 2000, to the bitter disappointment of some of the religious leaders who had entertained great expectations from this momentous gathering. One fine day in December 2003, the Chennai clique removed the veil off the well-hidden HDAS, and a new Hindu body came into being with Swami Dayananda Saraswati as Convener...”
12. “Such was the influence of one member of the Chennai clique on a section of the RSS leadership that no questions were asked and no explanations demanded about the purpose or structure of this edifice. Members of the Chennai clique were individuals in their own right and prominent personalities in diverse areas. This group, in 2003, ’04, controlled the resurrected HDRS, the HDAS, the Thinkers’ Meet (a body of persons who the Convener of the HDAS and a former spokesperson of the RSS attested to as being intellectuals worthy of their attention and patronage) and influenced business houses, some mathathipathis, the RSS leadership in Nagpur and Chennai, the BJP leadership in Delhi, at least one declining English daily in the South, and a small but important section of public opinion. Their reach was formidable and their control over Hindu organizations, total...”
13. “The Convener of the HDAS, as pointed out earlier, shares a symbiotic relationship with the Chennai clique. The Chennai clique pulls several organizations from out of its hat to serve its different ambitions. These forums also serve as parking place and positions for the clique’s sycophants and loyalists. Besides controlling some of the RSS parivar organizations, this clique created the the Hindu Dharma Acharya Sabha, influenced the creation of the Thinkers’ Meet, has now created the Global Foundation for Civilizational Harmony, and continues to control the more or less moribund Hindu Dharma Rakshana Samiti. Swami Dayananda Saraswati is a patron of the HDRS, Convener of the HDAS, financier of the Thinkers’ Meet, and the Hindu Founder of the GFCH. The problem for the traditional mathathipathis of the HDAS, for the Hindu bhaktas of these religious leaders, and for the Hindus of Hindu bhumi, lies in the Convener’s multiple roles and the global ambitions of the Chennai clique which comes with the Convener as a package deal...”
14. “The Hindu Dharma Acharya Sabha (HDAS) has flaunted this sell-out of Hindu interests on its website. The writer re-iterates the point that Hindus who participate in these inter-faith and multi-faith dialogues and discussions are invited only because those inviting them know that these Hindus will sign on the dotted line...”
15 “The Convener of the HDAS is one of the multi-religious Founder-Patrons of the GFCH; the Convener of the HDAS is also the patron-saint of the Chennai clique and their compatriots abroad. All this is impacting upon the functioning of the Hindu Dharma Acharya Sabha; and just as the Chennai clique as All Advani’s Men, had earlier blurred the lines between RSS ideology and BJP real politik, they are now blurring the lines between the HDAS’ objective of protecting Hindu interests on Hindu bhumi and the GFCH objective of inter-faith dialogue and conflict resolution through bonhomie. The last battle for survival by Hindus with their backs to the wall may be closer to the truth than the cliché conflict resolution.”
I would like to put the following questions to the all-knowing MAHA-MEDIA CATS
A. Who gave you the turn-key contract to launch a baseless assault on the Hindu Dharma Acharya Sabha (HDAS) in general and Swami Dayananda Saraswati in particular?
B. Who gave you the temporal and spiritual authority to demand the stepping down of Swami Dayananda Saraswati from the exalted position of Convenor of HDAS?
C. Why do you hate the NRI’s as NON-RIGHTEOUS INDIANS?
D. While your hatred for all the ‘Whites’ and ‘White Swamijis’ from the West seems to be as virulent as bubonic plague, what accounts for your special infatuation for one Canadian-origin Swami in Thiruvannamalai and Swami Ohm in U.S.A?
After seeing the deadly flying barbs sent with electronic speed by the Maha-Media Cats in seemingly interminable succession to several “idiots” and “job-less persons” and “silly scholars”, I cannot help lapsing into levity by quoting the following words of Shakespeare from his Love’s Labour’s Lost :
“The tongues of mocking wenches are as keen
As is the razor’s edge invisible,
Cutting a smaller hair than may be seen;
Above the sense of sense, so sensible
Seemeth their conference; their conceits have wings
Fleeter than arrows, bullets, wind, thought, swifter things.”
After analyzing the flashes of divine light and wisdom put out by the media cats, let me now turn to the world of poetry to describe how the CATaract of the slanderous invectives, insinuations, innuendoes and expletives let loose by the Maha-Media Cats and falls upon the head of Swami Dayananda Saraswati at the Headquarters of Hindu Dharma Acharya Sabha (HDAS). Here is the poem:
How do the turgid 'waters' of baseless abuse
Unleashed by Media Cats
Come down at HDAS HQ?
A simple unsuspecting Swami asked me
And, moreover he asked me
To tell him in RHYME.
I started thus:
From its murky sources
in Chennai and New Delhi
And thence at departing,
Awakening and starting,
It runs through the reeds,
And away it proceeds,
Through meadow and glade,
In sun and in shade.
Here it comes sparkling,
And there it lies darkly,
Now smoking and frothing
Its tumult and wrath in,
Till, in the rapid race
On which it is bent,
It reaches the place of HDAS.
The cataract strong
Then plunges along,
Striking and raging
As if a war waging
Rising and leaping,
Sinking and creeping,
Swelling and sweeping,
Showering and springing,
Flying and flinging,
Spouting and frisking,
Turning and twisting
Around and around
With endless rebound:
Smiting and fighting,
A sight to delight in;
Dizzying and deafening the ear with its sound!
And shocking and rocking,
And threading and spreading,
And whizzing and hissing,
And hitting and splitting,
And rattling and battling,
And shaking and quaking,
And pouring and roaring,
And waving and raving,
And tossing and causing,
And running and stunning,
And foaming and roaming,
And heaving and cleaving,
And moaning and groaning;
It goes moving along towards HDAS!!
Advancing and prancing and glancing and dancing,
Recoiling, turmoiling and toiling and boiling,
And gleaming and streaming and scheming and beaming,
And rushing and flushing and brushing and gushing,
And flapping and rapping and clapping and slapping,
And thumping and plumping and bumping and jumping,
And dashing and flashing and splashing and clashing,
AND SO NEVER ENDING, BUT ALWAYS DESCENDING TO HDAS!!!
(I have suitably adapted the words of Robert Southey(1774-1843) from his Poem "The Cataract at Lodore")
I fully endorse the following words of Dr Kalyanaraman: “I think civil samajam should introspect seriously on the egregious, malicious behaviour of these two women and take appropriate steps so that they do not continue to poison the minds of young generation of our rashtram. They have built up their own fan clubs of people who are not aware that there could be snakes in the grass. Evidence of their malicious intent and repeated attempts at defaming Swami Dayananda Saraswati, Gurumurthy, Padma Subramanyam, Swami Jyotirmayananda, Hindu Dharma Acharya Sabha (HDAS) and Rajiv Malhotra may be seen from the innumerable documents published and circulated extensively and repeatedly on the internet.”